This document can be downloaded in PDF format Privacy_Policy_Kognat
This Policy was last updated on 28 November 2018.
Kognat Pty Ltd ACN 623 943 304 (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the personal information that we may collect and hold about you. This Policy sets out our procedures relating to management of your personal information. We are not an APP entity under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act), and are not bound by the Australian Privacy Principles. We intend to deal with your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
By voluntarily supplying us with your personal information, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any amendments to this Policy will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website.
Please note that our website may contain links to other websites. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave our site and are no longer protected by this Policy.
Collection of personal information
The personal information we may collect and hold about you includes:
- contact information such as your name and address, telephone numbers and email address;
- financial information, including bank account details and credit card details; and
- business details
We may use “cookies” or similar technologies to collect data. A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when you access our website. Our website may collect the following information from users:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au etc);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of browser you are using.
Means of collection of personal information
Your personal information may be collected in a number of ways, including:
- directly by our staff when you seek, or enquire about, our services; or
- when you use our website or complete a form on our website.
In some circumstances, where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect information from you, we may collect information about you from a third party source. For example, we may collect information from a publicly maintained record.
You need not provide all the information requested by us, but this may prevent us from providing some or all of our goods or services to you.
Use, disclosure & purpose
We collect, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- as a necessary part of providing our goods and services to you;
- to promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you (unless as directed otherwise);
- to personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- to help us research the needs of our customers and to market our goods and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us, our clients, and other business partners (unless as directed otherwise); and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was collected (“primary purposes”) or a purpose related to the primary purpose, if this use would be reasonably expected by you, or otherwise, with your consent.
- third parties that provide goods and services to us or through us;
- our website host or software application providers.
We do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Quality, access to & correction of information
You are entitled to have access to and seek correction of any personal information that we may hold about you. We require that requests for access to or to update or correct your personal information to be in writing outlining the details of your request. Such requests should be directed to us using the contact details below.
We will take appropriate steps to verify your identity (or verify that you act as an authorised agent of the individual concerned) before granting a request to access your personal information.
We will respond to your request for access to your personal information within a reasonable time after you make the request.. We will, on request, provide you with access to your personal information or update or correct your personal information, unless we are lawfully excluded from granting your request, including if:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- we are required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order to deny access; or
- giving access is likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body.
Where your request for access is accepted, we will provide you with access to your personal information in a manner, as requested by you, providing it is reasonable to do so.
If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written notice detailing reasons for the refusal and the process for making a complaint about the refusal to grant your request.
Storage and Security
Your personal information will be stored on our electronic data base system and on computers with appropriate back up and security systems. Any personal information which is collected via our website, or which is held on our computer systems, is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (including firewalls and SSL encryption) and procedural methods.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We are committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access or alteration.
We aim to achieve this through:
- implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
- only providing access to personal information once proper identification has been given; and
- implementing website protection measures.
Dealing with us anonymously
Where lawful and practicable to do so, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. You can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym when making a general enquiry about the goods and services that we can offer to you including via telephone or our website.
At the time you purchase our goods or engage our services, it is no longer practicable for you to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
If you believe that we have breached a term of this Policy, please contact us using the contact details below.. You must include contact details for us to contact you regarding your complaint.
We will consider your complaint and respond as soon as reasonably possible.
If you wish to:
- gain access to your personal information;
- make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
- contact us with a query about how your information is collected or used;
- contact us regarding any other matter concerning this Policy,
you can speak directly with us by email to email@example.com or by calling +61-8-83464030. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, please let us know.
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.